The Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) operates the public transportation system in the New York City area, including the subway and bus systems. One of the most convenient ways to pay for these services is with an MTA MetroCard, which can be purchased and refilled at various locations throughout the city. If you have an MTA MetroCard and want to know how much money is left on it, you can check the balance online.
To check the balance on your MTA MetroCard online, you will need to have a MyMTA account, which can be created on the MTA website. Once you have an account, you can login and view the balance on your MetroCard, as well as see your recent transactions and refill your card if necessary. Checking the balance online is a quick and easy way to ensure that you have enough money on your card for your next trip on the subway or bus.
HOW TO QUICKLY AND CONVENIENTLY CHECK YOUR MTA METROCARD BALANCE
Method 1: Check your balance through MTA website
- Go to the MTA website (mta.info) and click on the "Sign In" button in the top right corner.
- If you already have a MyMTA account, enter your login information and click "Sign In". If you do not have an account, click on the "Sign Up" button and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- Once you are signed in to your MyMTA account, click on the "MetroCard" tab in the top menu.
- On the MetroCard page, you will see a list of any active MetroCard’s associated with your account. Click on the card that you want to check the balance for.
- The balance for the selected MetroCard will be displayed on the page. You can also view recent transactions and refill your card from this page if necessary.
Method 2: At a subway station booth in New York City.
To check the balance on your MTA MetroCard at a subway station booth, follow these steps:
- Locate a booth reader for MetroCard. These can usually be found at the ticketing or customer service counter inside the station.
- Insert your MetroCard into the proper slot on the reader.
- On the display screen of the reader, you will see information about the remaining balance and expiration date of your card.
- If you are unsure where to find a booth reader, you can ask one of the subway personnel for assistance. They will be able to help you locate the reader and check your balance.
Method 3: At a MetroCard vending machine.
To check the balance on your MTA MetroCard at a vending machine, follow these steps:
- Insert your MetroCard into the machine.
- From the main menu, select the "Get Info" option.
- You will see information about the type of card you have, as well as its balance and expiration date.
- Once you have identified the remaining balance on your MetroCard, select "OK" to return to the main menu.
Method 4: At a subway turnstile.
To check the balance on your Pay-Per-Ride MTA MetroCard at a subway turnstile, follow these steps:
- Swipe your MetroCard through the turnstile as you normally would when entering the subway system.
- The machine will display the remaining balance on your card, as well as the amount that you must pay from the card for the current trip.
- If you want to check the balance on your card each time you swipe it, make sure to glance at the display screen.
- Note: This method of checking the balance is only available for Pay-Per-Ride MetroCard and is not available for cards that offer unlimited trips, such as 7-Day or 30-Day Unlimited Ride MetroCard.
Method 5: On a bus farebox.
To check the balance on your MTA MetroCard while riding the bus, follow these steps:
- Swipe your MetroCard through the farebox to pay for your ticket.
- The screen on the farebox will display information about your card, including the price you paid for it and the expiration date (for Unlimited Ride cards) or the remaining balance (for Pay-Per-Ride cards).
- Pay attention to the display screen to see the balance on your card.
- Alternatively, you can use a mobile app to track the balance on your MetroCard. To do this, search for "MetroCard balance tracker" in the app store of your mobile device to find a variety of apps that can help you track your balance. These apps allow you to record the balance on your MetroCard on your mobile device for easy access.
In conclusion, there are several ways to check the balance on your MTA MetroCard in New York City. You can do so online by logging into your MyMTA account, at a subway station booth, at a MetroCard vending machine, at a subway turnstile, or on a bus farebox. Each of these methods allows you to quickly and easily see the balance on your card and ensure that you have enough money for your next trip on the subway or bus. Alternatively, you can use a mobile app to track the balance on your MetroCard for added convenience. Regardless of which method you choose, it is important to regularly check the balance on your MetroCard to avoid running out of funds while using the public transportation system.